Monday, August 28, 2017

#RPGaDay: Day 26

26. Which RPG offers the most useful resources?

Answer: I've talked enough about this game in my past posts, but for me, hands down, Basic Fantasy is the RPG with the most useful resources. These resources encompass an active forum where community members are willing to give great advice, including the creator of the game, Chris Gonnerman. This community actively participate in the creation of all kinds of supplemental content including modules, rules options, character sheets, GM screens, adventure logs, etc. - all of it for free, digitally. The entire printed series of nine books will run you less than $40. Aside from this content, their website provides tools for quick random character generator, NPC generators, a dungeon room content generator (monsters, NPCs, treasure - instant adventure), map generator, and dice roller. I know there are other RPGs with similar resources (perhaps even better), but for me the difference is the community support that's available that makes all the difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment

GM Notes - Morgansfort Session 14 - Death Frost Doom - Part 2 of 2

So, here stands the final chronicle of my two-year Basic Fantasy campaign. It ended a year ago and I'm just now getting around to fini...