Saturday, May 5, 2018

In the Cradle of the Reborn God: My One Page Dungeon Submission

Here is my submission for this year's One Page Dungeon contest. It's my first time making a one-page dungeon at all let alone submitting to this contest which is in its 10th year. It's a great exercise for any GM to do, to try to get a couple hours of play onto one sheet of paper. It should be something that gives the GM running it everything they need to know, nothing they don't, and still provide a spark of mystery and magic to draw everyone into the story.

I think the less writers talk about their own work, the better. The piece either stands on its own or it fails. If I have to explain it or tell you what I was going for, then it's already too late. If anything, I think I may have bit off more than I could chew given the restrictions of the medium. I'd like to flesh it out into an 8-16 page module with specific stats geared towards old school D&D systems, but you could technically run a lot of different genres through it as is. Maybe I'll even throw it up on Lulu at cost. We'll see. For now, here it is as a one-pager for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GM Notes - Morgansfort Session 14 - Death Frost Doom - Part 2 of 2

So, here stands the final chronicle of my two-year Basic Fantasy campaign. It ended a year ago and I'm just now getting around to fini...